This week’s Kiwi PyCon 2013 is a special Kiwi PyCon, in many respects. This is going to be an awesome conference - help us make it the biggest yet! We need more registrations, and you can convince your colleagues and mates to join us. Excellent value for money!
For a still unchanged $60 student/unwaged and $100 waged ticket, this year we have:
- more talks than ever before, covering a great range of topics
- more international speakers than ever before, from four different continents
- more female speakers than ever before
- as always, talks in parallel in 2 tracks let you design your own schedule
- Michael Foord coming from the UK to give Saturday’s keynote
- Jessica McKellar coming from the US to give Sunday’s keynote
- Lightning Talks: 5 minute quickfire talks where you have an opportunity to be part of the program
- a professional camera team - all talks professionally edited and published on YouTube
- Brand new venue with state-of-the-art facilities
- Free WiFi throughout the venue
- Morning tea, Lunch and Afternoon tea on both Saturday and Sunday (please note any special dietary requirements you have on the registration form)
- Tutorials all day on Friday
- CodeWars on Friday evening with free drinks and pizza
- Recruitment Track: Meet some of our sponsors - they’re looking for Pythonistas!
- Many GIVEAWAYS - a chance to grab a book, software, a geek toy - even a Raspberry Pi! All you need to do is be there :-)
- a specially designed Kiwi PyCon T-shirt for 2013 “The Year of the Snake” for every participant
- the first time we’ve had a Financial Aid programme!
- we’ve introduced a Code of Conduct for this and future Kiwi PyCons
- discounts for nearby hotels
For some extra $$$ you can also join the Saturday morning PyLadies Breakfast (pay for your breakfast), and Saturday evening’s Conference Dinner ($32 fantastic set meal)
Tell everyone who might be interested to come along!
This is the week that counts - 3 days to go!
It’s going to be an awesome conference - let’s make it a BIG one, too!